coba template

Words and Sentences are Inspiration and Motivation

Friday, March 2, 2012

Experience: Youth Exchange Program

This isn't my experience, anyway. This was my dream, yes. But I am so grateful that my dream *which I wasn't trying to reach at that time :p* can be 'transmitted' to one of my best friend: Elisa Yuzar. How could she get her dream reality? I, as her best friend, had so many chances to interview her. And here it is, the interview which I did and wrote due to my responsibility to English Day on Tribune page. Check this out:

Elisa Yuzar



Going abroad is always a dreamfor almost all of FKIP students, especially ESA Members. Elisa is one of themwho can make her dream reality. This young lady who is the sixth semesterstudent of English Department Program FKIP Untan is going to go to Canada, and will be placed in Halifax, Nova Scotia.She is delivered there for the Youth Exchange Program which is held byInstitution of Youth and Sport or Bapora. A huge willingness to go abroad forstudying, as well for refreshing, she said, has been successfully reached byher. “Alhamdulillah. It’s really a gift from Allah SWT for me to have thischance. I am no one without His blessing,” Elisa responds when her friendscongratulate her.

There were some tests that shehad to pass for the program. The test was conducted for two days. In the firstday, she had to fill in the written test, consists of summative and essay test.Then, she was involved in a discussion among the 52 participants who alsojoined the test. In the first day she was also had a role-play with otherparticipants. The test then continued in the second day for physical test,interview, and the most impressive one is Culture Performance. In this session,she played sampe’, a traditional musical instrument of Dayak. Besides, she alsoplayed guitar and sang the ‘Sungai Kapuas’ folk song.

She was surprised when the staffof Bapora called her to say that she passed the entire test for the program,and got the highest score among the others. Absolutely, it’s a proud for her asone of English Department Students of FKIP Untan, especially as ESA Member2005. Although she said that she never really thought that she will be thefirst among the 52 participants, but her friends believes she is going to gobecause she deserves to go.

After finishing the program, shewill give her best contribution for FKIP. What will be the contribution?“First, I hope I will be able to give a significant motivation by myexperience. Second, because my work placement there will be at school, I alsohope we can follow some good approach to be implemented at the classroom. Onething to underline, thing that we will follow is approach, not the system”answered her. One more admirable thing from her is that she will always keepher spirit for proselytizing, for dakwah. We hope the best for you Elisa.


They Say:

“Since she told me that she will join to theprogram selection, I’m sure that she can beat other participants,” Fika AyuRizqia, Elisa's Best Friend.

“She is creative. Her emotion is stable. Shedeserves to win the program,” Dedi Irwan, TVRI Broadcaster.

“Kak Elisa has a smartaura. She is a responsible person. Otherwise, she isalso smart. It is reflected from the way she speaks. She is also mature.Really, she is the one who deserves to be the first in the selection,” DeviPuji Indah Sari, English Department Student


And now, it has been about two years after she finished the exchange program. Elisa now is making her other dream reality: conducting an English School named Excellence English Studio in Pontianak with some of her best fellas. Would love to learn English with her and share the experience more? Come and join Excellence English Studio :)

9 komentar:

  1. O gosh, thank you Dini! When the dreams were started to fill our days, just don't stop trying and praying. Something beautiful will come our way :)

    _Elisa_

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still remember how I was not really confident about myself and my capability since I saw some really tough competitors with better English, better performance, and better physical appearance (slim, tall, beautiful. Hehe... However, you guys, the cheerleaders of my life, assisted me to find the strength in me that no matter how hard it was, I just needed to show my best. I could get through it, because you're all were there for me. I could have the audacity to dream even more because you guys never failed to believe in me.

    Ohoho... I guess I'm a bit melancholic today :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww, it's such a great honor to have this comment from you, Elisa!

    And I also still remember very well how you were treating us *I wrote as the representative of Gaby Corp, btw :p* as if we were just breaking up our love relationship before you leave wakaka :)))

    •-̶̶•̸Ϟ•̸Thank You•̸Ϟ•̸-̶̶•-̶ ™ to trace your experience here Elisa ˆ⌣ˆ

    ReplyDelete
  4. hehehehehhe...I'm so proud of having smart, critical, attentive friends like Dini and Elisa..I feel envy and I'm enchanted by them at the same time when those two friends start to convey their idea, statement, suggestion or anything. Being enchanted because of their fluency in constructing the words hence I feel like I listen to the radio broadcaster.. (Hehehehe... Dini was, Elisa might be)and also being envy coz they sometimes tell the truth so I can't say any words then and create a long pause in my brain, hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aaah fika it's been so looong time you didn't comment on my post waaaaa...

    So, the conclusion is: we (not only us 3 but we the 7 gaby), envy each another for having our very own different and unique skills *halaaah wkwk

    •-̶̶•̸Ϟ•̸Thank You•̸Ϟ•̸-̶̶•-̶ ™ fika ​​​(˘⌣˘)ε˘`)

    ReplyDelete
  6. u kissed me by using the alay icon..hehehe..but that's ok.. i kiss u back ​​​(˘⌣˘)ε˘`)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Alaylah yang mempersatukan kita wkwkwk

    ƪ(˘⌣˘)┐ ƪ(˘⌣˘)ʃ ┌(˘⌣˘)ʃ. *joget jemur kucek jemur kucek

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am sad of reading this posting. This one reminds me of my 2nd failure of competing with other participants during Youth Exchange Program selection in 2005-2006.

    The first failure in the youth exchange test in 2005, and I choose Canada program. I was on the 8th grade in the winner announcement. The second failure was in 2006 in the same program and I choose Australia. I was in runner up in the selection winner.

    Times is changing very quickly, I am sure of there will be another chances for me to travel abroad at some times in the future. Insya Allah

    Happy Blogging


    Asep Haryono
    simplyasep.blogspot.com
    www.asepharyono.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. But for enriching experience, that was a great trial loh kang :D

    Sure, you had once been to Malaysia for free, to Bali for free also sooo many times.. Another chances will soon come to you :)

    ReplyDelete

© coba template, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena